TRUE NORTH





Direction

I've had the topic of direction on my mind lately. Specifically, the phrase, "My True North". Now, some may wonder, what does True North even mean? Well, to me, my personal True North means being in tune to my inner compass. It means I feel confident in the direction I am going. North is often associated with up. Up is often means ascending, growing, bigger, better, enlightenment. More: love, money, happiness, joy, peace, success, harmony.... All that more-ism is our Ego, our human-ness. 

My True North is a direction I move FROM not TO.

When I'm not living, acting, speaking, breathing FROM My True North, I have a sense of feeling lost. Lonely. Searching. Hunting. Longing. Lacking. Living from the space of My True North feel harmonious. I'm not looking for peace or happiness; because it's right where I'm standing - it's already there, within me.

It is so freakin' easy to take a wrong turn and end up loosing sight of one's direction, True North. It is called, LIFE. It is when you use that inner compass, trace your steps back to where you started, and find a new evolved route to your True North. The ever changing energy of this Universe kindly keeps us learning, growing and evolving. I am grateful for these lost moments. (*Ok, honestly, I find the gratitude once I've made it THROUGH) In the lost-ness is where I learn where I still need healing. Where I need to focus my self love and devotion. The "work" is never done. 

Reflecting back, I was just telling a friend I hadn't seen in a while how great things were. I indulged on being 'done' with my work.  And by my work, I mean my relationship with Derek, the ex, my boys, my career, etc...
NOPE.
We are never done. We are always woking, ever evolving, getting lost and finding North again.

As I wrote (scribbled, really) this in a spiral notebook as I sat in the hot sun, dripping sweat; I found myself shaking my head.... Sneaky little life lessons are always present! They are just wearing a different mask, waiting to be unearthed. THIS is why it is so important to be Awake-Aware. If you're sleeping, you will miss the train and end up going down, down, down south towards that Rabbit Hole that could land you in a tea party with the Mad Hatter. Ha!! 
WAKE UP, ALICE!!
Stand tall, be heart led... towards your own personal True North. 









From the bottom of my heart,

Namate.
Krista Lee

Popular posts from this blog

In the middle

Slowing down

I am human