For the love of it

02/02/2020

Welcome to February my loves! The month that plasters the word LOVE all over the place. So, of course it's what's been on my mind. Love. It's a 4 letter word. So simple, but not really. In my life, I've loved many times. I've fallen in love, out of love, loved the shit out of something, I've been loved, then unloved... for such a little word, it sure is powerful.

Now that I've been around the sun enough times to have some experiences under my belt, I feel confident in saying out loud that love isn't what we're told it is. Let's use a partner as an example. As a young girl, all I wanted was to fall in love. My parents found each other when they were in middle school, and are still together!!! Try as I did, that kind of love was not meant for me. My high school sweetheart was not my destiny. As we became (very) young adults, we realized we were simply too different. I found a cute young man who reminded me of my dad. That should work, right? Well, as amazing as my dad is, I realized after 13 years, I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with someone like him. I was 36 years old and I finally looked at myself in the mirror and said, "I deserve the kind of love that rocks my world". The kind of love where you choose the other person every day. You choose them because you WANT them, not because you NEED them. What a journey love has been.

Now, you can insert any aspect of your life into this thinking. Your job, for example. We all know to properly adult, we need a job. Some of us are lucky enough to enjoy our jobs, and actually want to go to work most days. These kind of jobs not only put money in the bank to check the 'adulting' box, but they do something more for our soul. They satisfy us. As an educator, and yoga instructor, I walk away feeling like I have done something that may make a difference in another person's life. 

Your home is another area of life that requires some love. Being comfortable, feeling safe and secure, and enjoying your time spent at home is necessary for making a house a home. It's not all about the stuff and things in the house, although they do help. It's about the energy you feel when you walk in the door. Creating a home with loving energy takes work.

Creating a life abundant in love takes work! It's a life's practice to keep the perspective pointed in the right direction. To give space for forgiveness when mistakes are made. To be vulnerable and authentic about our feelings. To trust. To be open to receiving love that's offered. And so so much more.... Here's want I've learned: I have way more control over most of those things than I thought. I'm not sitting in the passengers seat on this journey. I'm in the drivers seat! I'm holding the steering wheel!! So, if I want to turn left and go towards a more loving space (in area of my life), I have to do the things to make that happen. I have to slow down, have the conversations, do the work, be patient but still persistent in my desires. 

I love the life I am living. And living the life I love. Six years ago, I got this tattoo'd on my forearm tp help remind me to keep my perspective and do what it takes to live that life. 
Today is a special day, 02/02/2020, a palindrome. We haven't seen one of these for over 900 years. The Angels are listening. Make wishes today. Dream big. Love fiercely. ðŸ’˜

Namaste,
Krista Lee

Popular posts from this blog

In the middle

Slowing down

I am human