Hot Mess

Ever been called a hot mess? I know I've said others were a hot mess! Honestly, I've looked in the mirror and admitted it's possible I fall into that label at times. But, what is a hot mess exactly? While the definition varies depending on how you look at it, the general consensus is that it is when a person's situation is in a state of disarray, confusion, disorganization or a mess. Whether it's the fashion statement, emotional state, or actual cleanliness of personal space...if it's in a confused, mumble jumble of chaos...
IT IS A HOT MESS.

In my personal life, I have been enduring a challenge that has made life kinda messy. This challenge has been the source of a lot of hurt, frustration, anger, and perspective. For years now, I have been forced to look within and evaluate myself. I went above and beyond, and evaluated every decision, every choice, every word spoken, every thought crossing my mind. What a mess. A big hot mess!

Really though, we are all a hot mess on some level. The hotness comes from the joyous moments in life colliding with the stressful moments. Just as when the cold air collides with the warm air, a storm is created. The battle of what is stronger, warm or cold, joy or anger, love or frustration is ignited. Just like any storm, we cry (rain), we yell (thunder or wind), we build walls and seclude ourselves (freezing rain/snow), and then we heal. We clean the gutters (our thoughts or perspective), sweep the sidewalk (learn from the situation) and move on growing through our experience. Being a hot mess at some point in life is inevitable, so don't be offended if you are called one. Own your messy life, know that you are learning and growing alongside me and many others, and keep on truckin'. You got this, and so do I!

Popular posts from this blog

In the middle

Slowing down

I am human