Embrace Your Inner Badass

If I were tell you that each and every one of you reading this right now is a badass individual with strength, courage, love and compassion beyond your wildest dreams, would you believe me? I have some pretty badass people in my life right now. And that doesn't mean that they'd kick your ass if you mess with me, although I know a few who would!!!, it means that everyone in my life at this moment is phenomenal in their own special way. All of my friends, family, coworkers, and yoga students blow me away with their awesomeness. Now, how did I end up with such an amazing group to surround and support me? I am a badass myself!!

I'll be honest, I wasn't always a badass. In high school, they said I was because I had an obsession with the gym. I was strong, yes. I lifted weights with the football players, and hung out with body builders. But inside, I was uncertain, scared and lost. I actually traveled around in this 'badass costume' for many years. The body was strong, I had the appearance of a badass...but it wasn't genuine. So, my friends, family...even husband...went true, genuine badasses either. I was attracting fakes. Ugh!!! Of course, it was when I dove deep into my yoga practice and studies, and did A LOT of inner personal work, that I started to unveil my inner badass. This process was not easy or pretty. Admitting that you are a fake yourself, too scared to commit to anything other than what someone else says in fear of being judged, and/or overcome with guilt or shame for shit that happened in the past is not glamorous. But I won't lie, it was absolutely fucking fantastic...and necessary. Your personal journey may be similar to mine, and include books, workshops, energy work, and tons of heart to hearts. But don't expect to do it alone...you will need help. You will need support. And you will need love...lots and lots of love. Be patient, be kind and most importantly be compassionate with yourself.

As I unearthed my true, genuine self, I experienced huge shifts. Naturally the fakes in my life faded away, and I found myself amongst genuine badasses. These people are easy to spot. They make you feel gorgeous, even when you feel fat and frumpy. They do not judge you, ever. But they will call your shit out if need be. They know and practice a special kind of unconditional love. The amazing badasses I found are still in my life, and I believe they always will be. Some are new faces who bring new opportunities and lessons, and some are old faces from the past, but with stronger hearts and the openness necessary to accept, love and support a badass like me. With an open mind and an open heart, I welcome new fellow badasses into my world. This is my badass life. I have created it. I take full responsibility. I have attracted all the people, experiences and adventures in it. And I am in love with it.

Today I asked myself, "Why do I write these newsletters?". Well, the truth is...I enjoy writing. I enjoy sharing my personal experiences, so that you can learn from them too. I enjoy inspiring others to step outside their comfort zone. I enjoy knowing that there are people out there, who read my emails, and are so touched, they send me notes back. From the bottom of my heart, and with deepest gratitude, thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

In the middle

Slowing down

I am human