A Moment of Truth

If you read my monthly emails, you know I aim to be inspiring, to make you smile, I can be raw at times, vulnerable, and I am always honest. Today is no different.

In this life I have been blessed in numerous ways. To list them all would take forever and be boring. Remember that Garth Brooks song, Unanswered Prayers? Well, there are many blessings that were disguised as tragedy in my life. Divorce is one of them. Most of you know I've been married twice. Once right out of high school to a guy who swept me off my feet and into the real world. While we did love each other, we didn't think about important things like religion as we grew old together. My oldest son, Justin, was my largest blessing from that experience. Not long after that came my now ex husband. He said all the right things, impressed the parents, and seemed to be the one. Oh boy. He is the one alright. The one who provides me with ample opportunity to practice patience, believe in myself despite what others say, and trust in my parenting. Would I call him a blessing to my life? Not yet. It's all too fresh, too painful, too in my face. But I can look back at my marriage with him and feel gratitude for the time, experiences and most of all, another son, Cody. These two boys have given me so much love, laughter, and pure joy in life!

So here I sit, two marriages, two divorces, two boys, and TONS of life lessons under my belt. You could judge me. You could scoff at my status in life. You could also stop and listen. Every single person on this planet has something to offer. Whether it's a lesson learned, an adventure had, or a love shared - there is a reason for the paths to cross. So, while I am currently struggling with the hate, anger, frustration and deception I am receiving from my ex, I know that I am unearthing unknown strength, developing new skills, learning and growing bountifully. There will be a day when I can look back and say, "Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show myself that I can do anything."

So, what I have learned thus far in all this lovely, hot mess of a life? I have learned what I want (and it's ok to change my mind), who I really am, what I truly stand for, and what my deepest desires are. I have been tested and will continue to be tested to live life standing in my truth and believe in myself the entire time. Stand in your truth, honor others with sincere respect, and learn. I'm right there beside ya, enjoying the journey!

Popular posts from this blog

In the middle

Slowing down

I am human