Mr. & Mrs. Wright! It has been quite some time since I put some time and energy into my blog. Skimming through years of blogs took me down memory lane. What a trip!! So much has happened over the last 10 years. Some of you have been on this trip with me. To y'all, I am so grateful for the continued love and support. I have such admiration for the man who has been my rock the last 9 years, Derek. And as of 8-8-2021, I get to call him my husband. The boys are now grown, out of school with full time jobs and girlfriends. My job as 'mom' has shifted tremendously. My oldest is 23, living in Idaho and learning what he wants out of life. I love that he will call me every once in a while to talk about stuff. He's evolving into his own person...with his own opinions and beliefs. While we don't always see eye to eye, I am always proud of him. My youngest is looking at 19 years old in less than a month. Since graduation, he has lived with me 100% of the time. It...
I cannot begin to tell you how awesome this summer has been! I've moved into a freshly renovated home, created flower beds, decorated and organized like a mad woman, and took time to enjoy my friends and family. I am sorry I missed June's newsletter, but I have loved every moment of all my creating! I'm still teaching on Monday evenings at 5:30pm at Yoga Garden, Inc. in Battle Ground. I absolutely love seeing you all there! If you haven't made it to Yoga Garden yet, they have a fantastic special for new students, just $20 for 2 weeks of unlimited yoga! See ya on the mat! There are some of my friends and family who don't truly understand the meaning of manifestation. Rest assured, it's not complicated at all. It's not a yoga, hippy mom thing either. Everyone can practice the magic of manifestation. Some simple tips are: 1. Visualize exactly what you'd like to FEEL like when you achieve your goal of job, car, money, relationship or whatever! 2. Affir...
September 2018 Finding Peace in Chaos I will be honest, I started writing this as I sat on a beachfront deck on the Oregon Coast watching the sun set. It was a surprisingly beautiful day. The love of my life and one of my kiddos were on their way, and I truly felt so blessed, and at peace. It's easy in those moments, where the feeling of gratitude just flows from your heart. We all have been there, hopefully many times. What isn't easy is to find peace when shit is hitting the fan. When you're a teacher walking the picket lines instead of being in your classroom with your students. When you're a parent of these students trying wrap your mind around what is going on. When you are sitting in traffic, waiting in a long line, going to a dreaded appointment or dealing with difficult people. You know, when you have to stand up for what you believe in and deal with conflict. I totally admit that I often find myself falling into moments where my shoulders r...